Natural Gas Appliance Safety Tips:
- Install carbon monoxide alarms.
- Inspect your natural gas appliances regularly according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Make sure your heating appliances and natural gas dryer have clean filters.
- Do not store items near a natural gas appliance, and keep the area clear of dust and debris.
- Do not store or use highly flammable products in the same room as any natural gas appliance. These products include gasoline, spray paints, solvents, insecticide, adhesives, cleaning products and other pressurized containers.
- Do not use your oven, range top or outdoor barbeque to heat your home.
- Vent your natural gas dryer outdoors using approved metal ducting.
- Regularly clean the burners and oven of a natural gas range. Never line the oven with aluminum foil.
- Keep any pipe wrap or insulation at least 15 centimetres (6 inches) away from the draft hood or flue at the top of the tank when insulating the water piping that extends from the water heater.
Always contact a licensed technician for any inspection or maintenance needs.